Society has changed.
Communities don’t physically exist in the way they used to. Communities exist online. The biggest sign of this is in the growth of online dating. So it is clear to me, that everything we do needs to adapt to this new society, particularly therapy.
At the time of writing this I have somewhere around 2000 followers on Twitter and around 150 friends on Facebook. When I talk about the things I am doing with my therapy practice people often respond with “I wish I lived closer!”
But that’s not how society works these days. It’s not about geography it’s about connectivity.
So I have to adapt rather than expecting people to fit around me.
I have developed a series of downloadable products that are available on this website right now. Things you can listen to that help with relaxation, pain management and even hayfever and cold remedies. These are MP3 files that don’t need my presence to work, making sure the benefits of the Cognitive Hypnotherapy approach are available to anyone who needs them.
Therapy via videoconferencing such as Skype/Facetime
I have developed a model for therapy that can work over a video conferencing facility such as Skype or Facetime. Although more limited on what I can do using this method there are still some real life changing things I can help you with. Apart from smoking, this online approach will typically be just one short session lasting up to 30 minutes. In some cases, a download will be provided after the session to reinforce what we have covered. This is included in the price.
- Simple phobias such as spiders, heights or even flying
- Coping techniques for Anxiety. I can affect permanent change in a 1-1 session but online I can teach you techniques to cope with the anxiety when it manifests itself.
- Pain management techniques. I can help you with techniques for coping with mild pain when you are finding the pain killers that you have been given have too many side effects or where you are limited on what you can take. This is not really for ongoing permanent chronic pain although we can discuss if this applies to you.
- Smoking. I love working with smokers. Helping someone stop smoking is changing a life. However, as with many addictions, a smoker must really want to give up before I can help them. Dropping me an email and asking for my help is the first step in this process. I can help you find the way to give up cigarettes without drugs or substitutes or weight gain. Although it is totally possible to affect this change in one session, this will most likely need multiple sessions (2 or 3). However I believe Cognitive Hypnotherapy is very effective for helping you stop smoking and I believe, in the main, we can do this online.
- Life Values/Coaching. Sometimes we find ourselves stuck in our work and our lives. We feel trapped and unhappy but aren't sure why. I can help you work through your values and work out what is really important to you so that you can go off and choose what actions to take
- I can also use EFT to help with many different things, from behaviours around food, to pain and well being. EFT is a tapping approach that uses meridian lines, in a similar way to accupuncture, along with some work in your head to help change. I must admit to not being entirely sure why it works so well, but I know from experience it is incredibly effective and as my goal is to help my clients to the best of my ability, it is very much part of my toolkit!
For details of the prices for Think it, Change it Online and other approaches please look here.
Self help videos
I have developed a series of YouTube self help instructional videos using some of the Cognitive Hypnotherapy techniques that can be taught. Please feel free to have a watch of them.
Instant positive feeling
Watch this video to build an instant positive feeling that you can recall any time you need it.
If this video works for you, why not go and fetch the pain relief MP3 download off this site. It is a low one-off cost and you can have it in your pocket for whenever you need it.
Managing heightened negative emotion / panic attacks / stress
This video helps you to cope with the effects of anxiety. Most anxiety is there for a reason. It's a defence mechanism of our subconscious. If this works well for you, why not go and get the pocket panic buster from the products section on this site and then you will have it whenever you need it!
I can help you reframe the events that led to the anxiety so that you no longer need a coping technique.
So why not drop me an email at Dawn@thinkitchangeit.com and let me know how I can help you.