I play the National Lottery.
I don’t expect to win but I play it so that I can have the conversations “What would I do if I won…”.
Have you ever done that?
When you’ve gone through paying off debts, a house, a holiday etc do you carry on?
Have you ever thought what you would do day in day out for the next 20 years of your life when you won the lottery?
If money was not a concern but all other constraints that we live by still existed what would you be doing in your daily life?
That’s what I love to dream about. Because I know my plans for my future would be no different than they are right now – they would just be accelerated. I would be a full time Cognitive Hypnotherapist sooner rather than later.
So take a moment to dream
- If you won enough on the lottery to give up work what do you want to be doing in 10 years time.
- Imagine your day from first thing in the morning to last thing at night.Where are you? who is around you? what are you doing?
- Now work back, what would you have to do to get there?
- Keep working back. Work out each thing that you would need to do to make that day in 10 years happen.
- Now work out why you can’t start taking action to that point now. Why can’t you start doing things right now that will get you to where you want to be in 10 years time.
You might find that the thing that’s limiting you living your dream is not money at all, it’s just that you have never thought about it in a way where it was a real possibility.